Specifications include, but are not limited to: The City of Bethel owns and operates the City Hall building which also includes the
space currently occupied by the Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV). The building consists
of a number of offices, hallways, council chambers, entryways, and bathrooms. Flooring
varies between carpet and linoleum.
Services are to be performed one time per week during the weekend (any time after 5:30
pm on Friday, but before 7:00 am on Monday).
Janitor will not disturb any office materials or use telephones or any other office
equipment. All personal items of office occupants must be left undisturbed.
Equipment, chairs, waste baskets and other items may be moved for cleaning purposes,
but must be returned to their original location/position. If any electrical cords are
disconnected in order for the Janitor to operate a vacuum or other cleaning tool, the
cords must be plugged back into the outlets.
A supervisor will inspect the entire area to ensure all work is completed and all
necessary doors are locked, lights turned off, and furniture, fixtures, and baskets are in
their proper place.
The Division of Motor Vehicles office area will be cleaned on the public side of the
counter only. The employee side of the counter shall not be cleaned. No janitorial staff
members are allowed on the employee side of the counter.
1. Empty waste baskets in all offices in the building, including the public areas of the
Department of Motor Vehicles Office. Collect all trash from waste baskets and
remove trash from the building. A public dumpster is located next door at City Hall
on the side of the Courthouse. Place new plastic trash bags in waste baskets as
needed. Janitor to supply all bags required.
2. Clean all floors.
3. Bathrooms: Mop or scrub toilet room floors, clean and disinfect all plumbing
fixtures, disinfect urinals and toilets, damp wipe all dispensers.
4. Provide and restock adequate supplies of toilet paper, paper towels, soap, and
other janitorial supplies.
5. Empty all shredders and replace trash bags in shredders.
6. Clean kitchen areas to include counters, sinks and all surfaces.
7. Dust all visible surfaces of furniture fixtures, window sills, and equipments except
8. Maintain entry mats in a clean, dirt-free and functional condition.
9. Clean air vents and base boards ensuring they are clear of dust, dirt and grime.
10. Maintain a limited supply of toilet paper and other essential supplies on-site in a
location to be designated by the City Clerk.
11. Shampoo the carpets quarterly.
12. Clean the blinds quarterly.