Specifications include, but are not limited to: 1) Creation and maintenance of Advisory Group
- Advisory group (of 5 or more individuals) should be formed within 45 days of the contract execution
- Advisory group should provide input on all aspects of the Certification process.
- Majority of the advisory group (3 or more individuals) should be Behavioral Health peers in recovery from a
substance use or mental health challenge or an immediate family member of an individual with a substance
use or mental health challenge.
- Should include one representative from the Division of Behavioral Health
- Should include one or more Community Behavioral Health Center services organization representatives
- Advisory group should meet face-to-face at a minimum quarterly. The offeror may propose how often they
would schedule meetings, and whether they would be face-to-face or via webinar. The state anticipates
increased frequency during the first year of the project.
- Contractor is responsible for the cost of any required Advisory Group related travel.
2) Policy and Procedures for Certifying Peer Support Specialists
(Anticipated to be completed within 6 months of contract execution)
Policy and Procedures must address the following:
- Eligibility Requirements
For Provisional Certification
o Description of what is required in the application
Training requirement (developed in conjunction with DBH)