Specifications include, but are not limited to: Perennial Rye Grass Seed
1. LESCO Double Eagle Blend (or Equivalent).
2. Description: Bid varieties must have undergone university trials and have shown high turf
quality, dark green color, traffic tolerance and resistance to common turf grass diseases. The high
endophyte levels in these varieties should be high enough to make the bid grass seed resistant to
above ground feeding insects.
1. Ingredients: Bid grass seed should contain three of the following Turf-Type Perennial Ryegrass
varieties: Align, Allaire 3, Allsport 4, Evolution, Notable II, Prototype, Playoff 2, Quicken, Wayfarer, or
2. 31.36% Purity minimum
3. 90% Germination rate minimum
1. Bid grass seed should be a consistent, premium performer for all turf applications; golf, sports fields,
parks, lawns, etc. The bid grass seed should also be capable of being used for winter overseeding of
dormant Bermudagrass in warm humid and warm arid zones.