Specifications include, but are not limited to: Kitchen Hood
and Exhaust System Cleaning at Birmingham City Schools. Specifications and requirements include:
- Work performed to current NFPA 96 standards.
- Services to be provided on a semi-annual basis; each school will receive two (2) cleanings within the
contract period. Schedule to be determined.
- Use of FDA approved chemicals.
- Evaluation of hood function.
- Provide all equipment, labor, and materials for completion of service.
- Complete and thorough clean-up of kitchen area under and around the hood where service was
- Clean the kitchen area and remove any debris from the school location.
- Cover and protect the food production equipment.
- Work completed for each school within a 24 hour period.
- Work to be scheduled around the normal operation hours for each school site and not during the
time of meal service and preparation.
- Hoods should be labeled after each job to indicate service completion date and name of company