Specifications include, but are not limited to: Network Technology Services, including Wired
Network(excluding Data Center and WAN); Wireless Network; Data Center Network; and Network
Access Control. • Upgrade and expand WVU’s wired and wireless network infrastructure.
• Utilize network automation to improve operational efficiency.
• Implement a network security framework to meet compliance requirements and respond
quickly to threats.
• Support WVU’s private and public cloud initiatives.
• Increase network capacity for research and education.
• Increase faculty, staff and student engagement and access to WVU resources.
• Increase the quality of services to faculty, staff, students and the WVU community.
• Leverage data analytics to improve operational efficiency and decision-making.
• Implement a network architecture that enables WVU to be agile in adopting new
technologies as they become available.