Specifications include, but are not limited to: Qualified design-build firms (which may include joint ventures) to design and
construct the Behavioral Health Teaching Hospital expansion. The Owner’s intent is to utilize a phased
approach to select the design-build team. The Owner will select the builder only with this RFQ and RFP
process, and then work collaboratively with the selected builder to then select the design architect and,
subsequently, all other team members. Current Project Goals are as follows:
1. Innovative and integrated care to help patients with long term behavioral health recovery.
2. Alternative to existing long-term (90/180-day) civil commitment beds at Western State.
3. Training site for the next generation of health and behavioral health care providers for WA State.
4. Support the first of its kind 24/7 365 day a year tele-psych consultation program.
5. Complete a behavioral healthcare continuum by providing long term care beds, a teaching focus
on modern behavioral health techniques and tele-psychiatric services across the state.