This Policy describes the information, as part of the normal operation of our services that we collect from you and what may happen to that information. Our subsidiaries and affiliated companies operate under similar privacy practices as described in this Policy and, subject to the requirements of applicable law, we strive to provide a consistent set of privacy practices throughout our www.BidNetDirect.com user community.
By accepting the Policy, you expressly consent to our use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Policy.
1. Information we collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information from you is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized user experience. This allows us to provide services and features that will meet your needs, and to customize our service to make your experience safer and easier. We only collect personal information about you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose.
In general, you can browse BidNetDirect.com without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. Where possible, we indicate which fields are required and which fields are optional. You always have the option to not provide information by choosing not to use a particular feature.
We automatically track certain information about you based upon your behavior on our site. We use this information to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand, protect and serve you and our community. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on our Site or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on our Site or not), your computer browser information, and your IP address.
We may use anonymous cookies to record non-personal information such as website activity, date and time of visit, and domain type. We may use this information for retargeting purposes. Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, we may collect such information into a file specific to you.
2. Our use of your informationWe use your personal information to facilitate the services you request. We use personal information in the file we maintain about you, and other information we obtain from your current and past activities on BidNetDirect.com to: troubleshoot problems; inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, and updates; customize your experience; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity. We may compare and review your personal information for errors, omissions and for accuracy.
3. Our disclosure of your information
- +As a matter of this Policy, we do not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
- +External Service Providers: We do not disclose your personal information to external service providers.
- +Other Corporate Entities. We may share our data, including personal information about you, with our subsidiaries and affiliated companies or potential partners. To the extent that these entities may have access to your information, they will treat it at least as protectively as they treat information they obtain from their other users. Our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or potential partners shall follow privacy practices no less protective of all users than our practices described in this document, to the extent allowed by applicable law.
- +Legal Requests. We cooperate with law enforcement inquires, as well as other third parties to enforce laws such as: intellectual property rights, fraud and other rights, to help protect you and the BidNetDirect.com community from bad actors. Therefore, in response to a verified request by law enforcement or other government officials relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity, we can (and you authorized us to) disclose your name, city, state, telephone number, email address, and order history without a subpoena. However, in an effort to balance your right to privacy and the ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not disclose additional information to law enforcement or other government officials without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when the additional disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss.
4. Reviewing and changing your personal information
We offer you the ability to review and change your personal information that you have provided us. We will retain in our files some personal information you have requested us to remove in order to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, and comply with legal requirements as is permitted by law. Therefore, you should not expect that all of your personal information will be completely removed from our databases in response to your requests.
BidNetDirect.com uses procedural and technical safeguards to protect your personal information against loss or theft, as well as against unauthorized access or disclosure, to protect your privacy, including firewalls and encryption. We employ many different security techniques to protect such data from unauthorized access by users inside and outside the company. However, "perfect security" does not exist on the Internet.