Specifications include, but are not limited to: A. High Density Polyethylene Pipe (HOPE) — Solid and Slotted and Perforated
All pipes shall be HDPE rated SDR-17 as specified at 100 PSI minimum. The
pipe shall be manufactured from virgin polyethylene resin, PE34081PE3608 and
shall conform to ASTM D3350 as manufactured by ISCO Industries or approved
equivalent. All pipe shall conform to IPS sizes. Pipe is required in three (3)
different styles as follows:
1. Solid Pipe — Solid pipe shall be furnished in a minimum of twenty-foot (20’)
2. Slotted Pipe — Slotted pipe shall be furnished in lengths of twenty1oot
(20’). All slotted pipe shall have one eighth of an inch (1/8’) width slots
located with 2” spacing and 2.6” slot lengths at each ninety (90) degree
measurement of the pipe circumference.
3. Perforated Pipe — Perforated pipe shall be furnished in lengths of twentyfoot (20’). All perforated pipe shall have eight (8) rows of one quarter inch
(1/4”) diameter perforations equally spaced at 45 degrees around the
circumference of the pipe. The lateral distance between perforations shall
be three-inches (3”).
B. HOPE Fittings
1. All fittings including tees, elbows, flange adapters, valves, etc. shall be
HDPE materials, with a pressure rating equal to or greater than pressure
ratings for the specified pipe. All fittings shall conform to IPS sizes. All
proposed fabricated fittings must be designed and manufactured to work in
conjunction with the pipe materials specified above using standard HDPE
butt fusion welding equipment or Electro Fusion couplings. HDPE pipe
fittings shall be manufactured by ISCO Industries or approved equivalent.
2. HDPE Electro Fusion Couplings — Electro fusion couplings shall conform
to IPS sizes. All couplings shall be rated to couple and burst test at a
minimum to meet or exceed SDR-17 rated piping (100 PSI) with fusion of
the pipe to the coupler. All fusion couplers shall be capable of being
installed by a Central Plastics Universal Electro Fusion Processor TM,
currently owned by the CMCMUA.