Specifications include, but are not limited to: The State of Iowa Department of Administrative Services (“DAS”) is currently seeking design services from qualified
design firms for a project consisting of the replacement of the Waterloo Residential Correctional Facility (WRCF) exterior
windows; (1) Site evaluations in conjunction with DAS staff for proposed project.
(2) Each office must have one new operable window.
(3) Each resident room must have one new egress window.
(4) At a minimum design for the following upgrades:
• Remove and install new the following:
o Exterior wood windows including associated sealants, flashings and sheet metal.
o Existing window blocking (as needed).
o Plastic laminate sills with 2” drop edge.
• Remove and re-install existing window security devices.
(5) Note in the drawings/specs any owner provided scope including:
• Remove and re-install existing window blinds and curtains.
• Make repairs to interior walls, ceilings and related finishes.
(6) Assess existing wood window systems for potential envelope design issues.
(7) Existing exterior aluminum windows and interior windows will remain.
(8) Existing exterior soffits, brick, siding and doors will remain.
(9) Design services shall include all disciplines needed for a complete set of construction documents.
(10)Design for scope of work, development of bidding documents, development of construction budget, and
construction administration with assigned construction manager (including responses to RFIs, review of
submittals, approval of pay estimates, and regular on site quality checks)
(11)Design meetings will be led by Designer. Designer will be responsible for agendas and meeting minutes.